Webinar – An International Collaboration to Advance the Use of Solar Resource Information. Thu, May 31, 2018 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM IST. The webinar duration is 1.50 hours.
Since the 1990’s an international group of solar resource experts has been undertaking collaborative research and developing methodologies and guidebooks to improve the understanding and prediction of solar resources for all solar energy applications. Traditionally this collaborative work has occured under the auspices of the International Energy Agency’s Solar Heating and Cooling Programme, and culminated in the production of the “Best Practices handbook for the Collection and Use of Solar Resource Data for Solar Energy Applications: Second Edition”, published in December 2017 by the U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory. This collaborative work now continues under the IEA’s Photovoltaic Power System (PVPS) Technology Cooperation Program as Task 16: “Solar Resource for High Penetration and Large Scale Applications”.
This webinar will provide an overview of the scope of work being conducted under Task 16, with presentations from representatives of each of the four Task 16 Subtasks:
1) Evaluation of Current and Emerging Solar Resource Assessment Methodologies;
2) Enhanced Data and Bankable Products;
3) Evaluation of Current and Emerging Solar Forecast Techniques; and
4) Dissemination and Outreach. Jan Remund,
The Operating Agent of Task 16 will moderate the webinar and provide further background information on its purpose and scope. This will be followed by presentations from experts representing each of the Subtasks to describe more specifically the activities, recent accomplishments, and planned outcomes for the Subtask. Following these presentations, webinar attendees will be able to pose questions and comments to each of the presenters for further discussion.
- Dr. David Renné, International Solar Energy Society (ISES)
- Jan Remund, Business Unit Manager Energy and Climate at Meteotest
- Dr. Manajit Sengupta, Chief Scientist in Predictive Analytics and Sensing at NREL
- Dr. Carmen Köhler, P3R GmbH
- Prof. Phillippe Blanc, Observation, Impacts, Energy for MINES ParisTech
For more details and registration – Click here