Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy Fellowship
Recognizing that climate change, clean and efficient energy and environmental protection are among the biggest challenges facing India and the United States; the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India through its Solar Energy Research Initiative, and the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are committed to tackling these issues by building capacity in these frontier areas.
To nurture future innovators and thought leaders in Solar Energy, the Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy (BASE) Fellowship Program – a dynamic and transformative program has been developed to foster contacts between students and scientists from India and the United States.
- To provide an opportunity to the best and brightest Indian students and scientists to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- To promote research and capacity building in the frontline area of Solar Energy to address India-centric issues;
- To encourage and motivate outstanding students to take up research as a career path in the field of solar energy; and
- To pave the way for the next generation scientists and technologists from India to interact with American peers, thus helping to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
For Student Internships
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Ph.D. as full time scholars in the field of Solar Energy, in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution/ recognized academic institute (University/College) in India.
- Age: Upto 32 years as on 31 December 2018
- Indian citizens with a Ph.D. in Science, Engineering or Technology
- Applicants must provide proof of independent research work in internationally recognized academic journals.
- Open only to applicants working in the field of Solar Energy
- A regular position in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution/ recognized academic institute (University/College) in India.
- Age: Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2018
Broad categories for Research (Indicative list)
- Solar pv
- solar thermal
- Grid interaction including smart grid.
- energy storage
- system development and integration
- other (any other related area in solar energy)
Fellowship /Internship Includes
- Monthly Stipend
- Return Air fare
- Contingency Allowance
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and upto 6 months
- Fellowship: Minimum 3 months and upto 12 months
Place of work
The applicant should have a letter of acceptance from a reputed U.S. scientific/technological institution where he/she would like to undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
submission deadline – 31st August 2018.
for more details contact the “Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF)”
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org